Active controllers should be able to use all functions of IVAC, and have read the manual thoroughly.
All controllers must maintain their ATIS with the following information.
- Position name should be the position callsign only. Ex: Jeddah Approach not King Abdulaziz International Approach.
- Voice channel (if applicable)
- Weather should be METAR. No need for If applicable that because this information is mandatory and required all the time.
- Necessary information only. For example: Closed and blocked runway, Approach procedure in use for Approach control only, like : Expect ILS APP
More about controlling in Saudi Arabia.
- The communication languages used in Saudi Arabia airspace English as primary language and Arabic only if ATC and Pilot can speak it.
- All controllers must use standard SA phraseology at all times.
- When available controllers should read, and understand the appropriate Airport/Airspace procedures before logging on.
- If you should have any doubts please don't hesitate to contact the FIR chief, ATC operation department (AOC, AOAC).
- Controllers are required to have all applicable charts available while on duty (for centre controllers this can be quite a bunch).